The LSB is the official basketball partner of the College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London (COHENEL), teaming up to provide the LSB Enfield Basketball Academy as a fresh new focus for basketball excellence in North London.
Led by one of the most respected coaches in Britain, former GB International and 8 year BBL pro , Jay Williams, the Academy is committed to providing the very best basketball environment for both elite and developing players alike.
Our mission at is to guide and support every player through to becoming the very best version of themselves, they possibly can be, both on and off the court.
Our teams compete in the English Academies Basketball League (ABL), AoC and also the CBL – providing in excess of 35 games per season for our teams. In addition, we take our Varsity team away to compete in major tournaments abroad each year, giving our players invaluable experiences playing against elite international competition as we prepare our players for the next level.
We are also pleased to announce that we are able to offer financial scholarship support for gifted and talented players to the value of £2,500 per year, to help with travelling, equipment and training costs for those who meet the criteria.
The COHENEL Basketball Academy is split into two areas of program development, Varsity and Junior Varsity squads, for both males and females aged between 16-19.
For elite players, COHNEL’s Varsity program provides intensive skills development, strength and conditioning training, athlete support, guidance, technical individual and team coaching and a minimum of 32 games per season for gifted and talented players.
With strong links to professional basketball teams and universities throughout Britain and Europe – alongside a bespoke preparation and placement programme for American colleges, players who attend the LSB COHENEL Academy will be well positioned to fulfil their basketball ambitions.
Junior Varsity Program
For those who simply want to continue to learn and play the game, without the heavy commitment of the elite program schedule, COHENEL Academy also offers a new ‘Junior Varsity’ option which provides regular coaching, games and the opportunity to earn coaching qualifications alongside your normal academic college course while still enjoying all the benefits of being a student-athlete at the college.
LSB COHNEL Varsity players receive:
- NIKE elite playing uniforms, tracksuit and bag
- 15 hours per week of professional basketball coaching, training and games in the College’s brand new Sports facility at Enfield, led by top class coaches with international, professional and US college experience
- Weekly competitive games in College and Community Basketball Leagues
- On site medical support and physio for injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Free membership and use of the brand new College gym and fitness suite
- Fitness, strength and conditioning, exercise and nutrition programmes designed and monitored for you by experienced professionals
- Open access to daily training facilities
- Individual skills development programme
- College/pro placement support
- Opportunity to become a college scholarship athlete – with a cash value of up to £2500 per year
- Annual travel abroad to compete in international competitions
Basketball Academy Selection Criteria
To be eligible to be considered for the Academy, you must be:
- 16-18 years of age on 31 August of the enrolling year
- Enrolled on a full-time programme of study at the College’s Enfield Centre
Studying as part of the Basketball Academy
Learners who join the College’s Basketball Academy will study at the College’s Enfield Centre.
Learners can select ANY full-time course at the College’s Enfield Centre while taking part in the Basketball Academy program.
Academy Coaching Staff
Head Coach, Jay Williams
Assistant Coach, AJ Roberts
- £1.5million Sports Centre fully refurbished
- Full sized sports hall with resurfaced basketball floor
- ‘Glass’ main backboards – 6-8 practise baskets in gym
- Industry standard cardio and resistance training gym
- Free weights power stations
- Bespoke basketball training equipment
- Medical facilities and onsite physio treatment clinic
- High quality changing rooms and shower facilities